Hot Trailer: Hemingway and Gelhorn

NewImage

If you can get past the existential oddness of Clive Owen as Big Papa, (and I'm pretty sure I can, though Clive Owen looks more like the manifestation of Captain Haddock than Hemingway), this movie has a 72% chance of my loving it.

Martha Gelhorn was always one of my favorite women of the Lost Generation (essentially consigned to history as one of Hemingway's long-suffering wives, she's a spectacular writer in her own right).

The trailer doesn't tell us to much about the film, but you can definitely color me intrigued. There's a suggestion that the tale is told from Gelhorn's perspective, which would make it far more interesting than if it were told from Ernest's voice.

Will this be a return to form for Nicole Kidman? One can only hope.

 

This entry was posted on and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.